How to find a routine and a structure everyday
Quality and quantity of food are important for sure but WHEN the food is eaten is important as well.
Having a long gap between one meal and the next one increase the risk of having big meals after such a long time and feeling low in energy because of the lack of nutrients.
The most important thing is that long gaps make your body slow down the metabolism and go into starvation mode, which means that your body will tend to store more in fat the next meal you'll have.
So how to find a routine?
Every day is different, but we can apply a very simple rule to obtain this:
- Have a breakfast within one hour, doesn't matter what time do you wake up, even something small like a probiotic (Actimel zero% fat or Yakult Light or the own groceries brand, but in that case check the label to compare calories and sugars to chose the lower as possible).
- Other alternatives: Just a piece of fruit or just a glass of semi skimmed milk.
- After that, a meal or a snack every 3 or 4 hours, the point is to eat little and often instead than a big meal everyday
- Plan the day before on when you are supposed to have a meal or a snack to avoid big gaps.
- Avoiding long gaps and have meals more regularly will make you feel more energetic and active which may help to increase your exercise/walking.
That's it! as you can see is about planning and be flexible to manage any day, keeping a food diary or a picture diary at the beginning can help to keep this kind of routine until will be automatic and you will not have to record it anymore because that will be the new habit.